Steam is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by A guide to uninstall Steam from your systemValve Corporation
. Take a look here
for more info on Valve Corporation. More info about the program Steam can be found at http://www.steampowered.com/
. Steam is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam directory, depending on the user's choice. You can remove Steam by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\uninstall.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. Steam.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 2.78 MB (2917456 bytes) on disk.
Steam contains of the executables below. They occupy 18.76 MB (19673976
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- GameOverlayUI.exe (374.08 KB)
- Steam.exe (2.78 MB)
- steamerrorreporter.exe (499.58 KB)
- steamerrorreporter64.exe (554.08 KB)
- streaming_client.exe (2.31 MB)
- uninstall.exe (201.10 KB)
- WriteMiniDump.exe (277.79 KB)
- html5app_steam.exe (1.79 MB)
- steamservice.exe (1.45 MB)
- steamwebhelper.exe (1.97 MB)
- wow_helper.exe (65.50 KB)
- x64launcher.exe (383.58 KB)
- x86launcher.exe (373.58 KB)
- appid_10540.exe (189.24 KB)
- appid_10560.exe (189.24 KB)
- appid_17300.exe (233.24 KB)
- appid_17330.exe (489.24 KB)
- appid_17340.exe (221.24 KB)
- appid_6520.exe (2.26 MB)
For other Steam versions please click below:
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are shown below.Registry that is not removed:
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\eventlog\Application\Steam Client Service
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service\Description
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service\ImagePath
Steam is a program offered by the software company Valve Corporation. Sometimes, users choose to uninstall it. Sometimes this is easier said than done because uninstalling this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK solution to uninstall Steam is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Steam from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Steam or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Steam". If it exists on your system the Steam app will be found very quickly. When you click Steam in the list of applications, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Steam, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Steam:
- The publisher is: http://www.steampowered.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Steam.
8. After uninstalling Steam, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Steam which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Steam with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Steam by Valve Corporation from your computer, we are not saying that Steam by Valve Corporation is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Steam in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 22:00:44.440