This web page is about Spotify for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall Spotify from your PCSpotify AB
. Further information on Spotify AB can be found here
. Click on http://www.spotify.com
to get more information about Spotify on Spotify AB's website. The program is usually found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling Spotify is C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Spotify.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is called SpotifyLauncher.exe and occupies 114.46 KB (117208 bytes).
Spotify installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 8.77 MB (9197448
bytes) on disk.
- spotify.exe (7.52 MB)
- SpotifyLauncher.exe (114.46 KB)
- SpotifyWebHelper.exe (1.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 0.8.5.1333.82208
of Spotify. You can find below info on other releases of Spotify:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall Spotify you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Spotify:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Spotify:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\chrome.pak
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\icudt.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\libcef.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\locales\en-US.pak
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\resources.zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Data\SpotifyWebHelper.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\inst_ver.dat
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\spotify.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\SpotifyLauncher.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SAAppCtl\Db\TrustedCertificate\Spotify AB
Spotify is an application offered by Spotify AB. Sometimes, people choose to erase it. This can be efortful because deleting this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY approach to erase Spotify is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Spotify from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Spotify or simply click the Search feature and type in "Spotify". If it is installed on your PC the Spotify app will be found automatically. After you select Spotify in the list of programs, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Spotify, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Spotify:
- The software company is: http://www.spotify.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\Spotify.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Spotify.
8. After uninstalling Spotify, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Spotify which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Spotify with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Spotify by Spotify AB from your computer, we are not saying that Spotify by Spotify AB is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Spotify supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:04:06.910