Spotify is a computer program. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Spotify from your systemSpotify AB
. More data about Spotify AB can be read here
. Please open http://www.spotify.com
if you want to read more on Spotify on Spotify AB's web page. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify folder (same installation drive as Windows). The complete uninstall command line for Spotify is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe. spotify.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 6.25 MB (6553144 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed together with Spotify. They take about 8.34 MB (8742624
bytes) on disk.
- spotify.exe (6.25 MB)
- SpotifyLauncher.exe (60.05 KB)
- SpotifyHelper.exe (599.55 KB)
- SpotifyWebHelper.exe (1.44 MB)
This info is about Spotify version 0.9.14.13.5645
only. You can find below info on other versions of Spotify:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders left behind when you uninstall Spotify:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Spotify's application uninstaller when you removed it:
Many times the following registry keys will not be removed:
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
Spotify is a program by Spotify AB. Frequently, computer users choose to remove this program. This is hard because deleting this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY practice to remove Spotify is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Spotify from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Spotify or simply activate the Search field and type in "Spotify". The Spotify application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Spotify in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Spotify, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Spotify:
- The publisher is: http://www.spotify.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Spotify.
8. After uninstalling Spotify, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Spotify which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Spotify using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Spotify by Spotify AB from your PC, we are not saying that Spotify by Spotify AB is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove Spotify supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 00:50:32.493