This web page contains complete information on how to remove Spotify for Windows. You can read more about on Spotify at How to uninstall Spotify from your systemhttp://spotify.com/
. Spotify is normally set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify folder, subject to the user's decision. The full command line for removing Spotify is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\uninstall.exe". Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file is labeled spotify.exe and its approximative size is 7.52 MB (7880664 bytes).
Spotify installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 8.86 MB (9288323
bytes) on disk.
- spotify.exe (7.52 MB)
- SpotifyLauncher.exe (114.46 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (88.75 KB)
- SpotifyWebHelper.exe (1.14 MB)
The current web page applies to Spotify version 0.3.15
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Some of these are listed below.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove Spotify:
- C:\Program Files\Spotify
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files\Spotify\spotify.exe
- C:\Program Files\Spotify\Uninstall.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Spotify.lnk
Frequently, users choose to remove this program. This is hard because performing this manually requires some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK practice to remove Spotify is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall Spotify from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Spotify or simply activate the Search field and type in "Spotify". If it exists on your system the Spotify application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Spotify in the list of programs, the following data about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Spotify, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Spotify:
- The software company is: http://spotify.com/
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spotify\uninstall.exe"
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Spotify.
8. After uninstalling Spotify, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Spotify which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Spotify using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130