SoundMAX is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall SoundMAX from your computerAnalog Devices
. More information on Analog Devices can be found here
. Usually the SoundMAX program is placed in the C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX folder, depending on the user's option during install. The full command line for uninstalling SoundMAX is RunDll32. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for administrator rights. SoundMAX's primary file takes around 104.00 KB (106496 bytes) and its name is DLSLoader.exe.
SoundMAX is composed of the following executables which occupy 586.00 KB (600064
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- AEEnable.exe (40.00 KB)
- DLSLoader.exe (104.00 KB)
- install.exe (35.50 KB)
- RemADI.exe (60.00 KB)
- Remove.exe (34.50 KB)
- SMAgent.exe (44.00 KB)
- SMAgentI.exe (40.00 KB)
- SMAgentX.exe (40.00 KB)
- SMTray.exe (140.00 KB)
- _iscppr.exe (48.00 KB)
The current page applies to SoundMAX version 5.12.01.3665
alone. For more SoundMAX versions please click below:
...click to view all...
SoundMAX has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders remaining:
Usually, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\_iscppr.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\1.2MB XGLite.stxg
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\4 MB General MIDI.dls
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\a3d.dll
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\adminchk.dll
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\aeaudio.sys
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\AEEnable.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\data.tag
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Demo\techno.rmi
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\DLSLoader.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\install.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\ListEnv.dll
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\MidiSynth.dll
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\migrate.dll
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\RemADI.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Remove.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgentI.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgentX.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax3CP.cpl
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax3CP.ico
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMaxFAQ.htm
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\smsens.sys
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\smwdm.sys
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\smwdmCH5.inf
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\smwdmSIS.inf
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\smx.cat
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Test\TestMusic.wav
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Test\TestTone.wav
- C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\WDMSTUB.sys
Additional registry values that you should clean:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Analog Devices\SoundMAX
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Analog Devices\SoundMAX
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SoundMAX Agent Service (default)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SoundMAX Agent Service (default)\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SoundMAX Agent Service (default)\ImagePath
SoundMAX is a program by Analog Devices. Sometimes, people want to uninstall this application. This is easier said than done because removing this by hand requires some knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY procedure to uninstall SoundMAX is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall SoundMAX from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find SoundMAX or simply click the Search feature and type in "SoundMAX". The SoundMAX app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click SoundMAX in the list of apps, the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about SoundMAX, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove SoundMAX.
8. After uninstalling SoundMAX, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of SoundMAX which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling SoundMAX with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove SoundMAX by Analog Devices from your PC, we are not saying that SoundMAX by Analog Devices is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove SoundMAX supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 22:38:42.553