SmartWi Connection Utility
SmartWi Connection Utility is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall SmartWi Connection Utility from your computerSony
. Further information on Sony can be found here
. The application is often installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\SmartWi Connection Utility directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's choice. You can uninstall SmartWi Connection Utility by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line RunDll32. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. SmartWi.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 169.30 KB (173368 bytes) on disk.
SmartWi Connection Utility installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 3.42 MB (3582320
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ActivationManager.exe (12.50 KB)
- AutoLaunch.exe (9.50 KB)
- CCP.exe (17.00 KB)
- InstallUtils.exe (32.00 KB)
- LaunchProcess.exe (16.00 KB)
- PowerManager.exe (33.00 KB)
- ShowBT.exe (44.00 KB)
- SmartWi.exe (169.30 KB)
- SmartWiHelper.exe (78.50 KB)
- SmartWiHelperPlus.exe (16.00 KB)
- SmartWiProxy.exe (7.00 KB)
- SmartWiRegKey.exe (20.00 KB)
- SmartWiTogglet.exe (401.00 KB)
- SmartWiToggletProxy.exe (10.50 KB)
- SmartWiWlanHelper.exe (57.55 KB)
- ThirdPartyAppMgr.exe (17.50 KB)
- UIManager.exe (32.00 KB)
- VWLASU.exe (2.45 MB)
- wlansetup.exe (11.50 KB)
This data is about SmartWi Connection Utility version 188.8.131.5290902.2130
only. For other SmartWi Connection Utility versions please click below:
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are listed below.Directories left on disk:
The files below remain on your disk by SmartWi Connection Utility when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\SmartWi Connection Utility
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SmartWi Connection Utility
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\SmartWi Connection Utility\16.ico
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\SmartWi Connection Utility\ActivationManager.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\SmartWi Connection Utility\ActivationWrap.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\SmartWi Connection Utility\AutoLaunch.exe
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony Corporation\SmartWi Connection Utility
SmartWi Connection Utility is an application offered by Sony. Some people decide to erase this program. Sometimes this is troublesome because removing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK procedure to erase SmartWi Connection Utility is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove SmartWi Connection Utility from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find SmartWi Connection Utility or simply activate the Search feature and type in "SmartWi Connection Utility". If it is installed on your PC the SmartWi Connection Utility application will be found automatically. After you click SmartWi Connection Utility in the list of applications, the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding SmartWi Connection Utility, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall SmartWi Connection Utility.
8. After removing SmartWi Connection Utility, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong SmartWi Connection Utility which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing SmartWi Connection Utility using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall SmartWi Connection Utility by Sony from your computer, we are not saying that SmartWi Connection Utility by Sony is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall SmartWi Connection Utility in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 03:39:57.683