Search Protection is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your computer. It is produced by A guide to uninstall Search Protection from your PCSpigot, Inc.
. Go over here
where you can get more info on Spigot, Inc.. You can read more about about Search Protection at http://www.spigot.com
. Search Protection is typically set up in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection folder, subject to the user's choice. The full command line for removing Search Protection is C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. SP.exe is the Search Protection's main executable file and it takes circa 1.08 MB (1128760 bytes) on disk.
Search Protection is composed of the following executables which take 1.56 MB (1637279
bytes) on disk:
- SP.exe (1.08 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (496.60 KB)
This web page is about Search Protection version 10.6.0.1
alone. You can find below a few links to other Search Protection versions:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you remove Search Protection.Folders remaining:
Usually the following registry data will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search Protection
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search Protection\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search Protection\DisplayName
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search Protection\InstallDir
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search Protection\InstallLocation
Search Protection is an application marketed by Spigot, Inc.. Some users decide to erase this application. This is efortful because deleting this by hand requires some know-how regarding PCs. One of the best EASY practice to erase Search Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete Search Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Search Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "Search Protection". The Search Protection app will be found very quickly. When you click Search Protection in the list of applications, the following data about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Search Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Search Protection:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.spigot.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Search Protection.
8. After removing Search Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Search Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Search Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Search Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-30 08:38:29.040