This web page contains complete information on how to remove Search Protection for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Search Protection from your computerSpigot, Inc.
. More information on Spigot, Inc. can be found here
. Please open http://www.spigot.com
if you want to read more on Search Protection on Spigot, Inc.'s web page. Search Protection is normally installed in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection folder, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling Search Protection is C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 1.06 MB (1110376 bytes) on disk and is named SearchProtection.exe.
Search Protection contains of the executables below. They occupy 1.54 MB (1613824
bytes) on disk.
- SearchProtection.exe (1.06 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (491.65 KB)
The current page applies to Search Protection version 188.8.131.52
only. You can find here a few links to other Search Protection releases:
...click to view all...
Search Protection has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Search Protection
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Search Protection
Search Protection is an application by the software company Spigot, Inc.. Frequently, computer users try to remove this program. This can be easier said than done because deleting this by hand takes some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to remove Search Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete Search Protection with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Search Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "Search Protection". If it is installed on your PC the Search Protection application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Search Protection in the list of apps, some data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Search Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Search Protection:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.spigot.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Search Protection\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Search Protection.
8. After uninstalling Search Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Search Protection that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Search Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Search Protection by Spigot, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Search Protection supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-03 05:10:13.797