You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall Remote Desktop for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Remote Desktop from your systemDelivered by Citrix
. More information about Delivered by Citrix can be seen here
. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary being determined by the user's decision. You can uninstall Remote Desktop by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 4.58 MB (4797744 bytes) on disk and is titled SelfService.exe.
The following executables are incorporated in Remote Desktop. They take 5.12 MB (5369536
bytes) on disk.
- CleanUp.exe (308.30 KB)
- SelfService.exe (4.58 MB)
- SelfServicePlugin.exe (131.80 KB)
- SelfServiceUninstaller.exe (118.30 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0
of Remote Desktop.
If you are manually uninstalling Remote Desktop we recommend you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.The files below remain on your disk when you remove Remote Desktop:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CORP\Management Tools\Remote Desktop.lnk
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\smartstore-8ef4dd46@@Controller.Remote Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\EnterpriseCertificates\Remote Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Remote Desktop
Remote Desktop is a program marketed by the software company Delivered by Citrix. Frequently, users want to erase it. Sometimes this can be troublesome because doing this manually takes some know-how regarding PCs. One of the best EASY practice to erase Remote Desktop is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase Remote Desktop with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Remote Desktop or simply click the Search feature and type in "Remote Desktop". The Remote Desktop app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Remote Desktop in the list , the following information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Remote Desktop, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Remote Desktop.
8. After uninstalling Remote Desktop, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Remote Desktop that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Remote Desktop using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Remote Desktop by Delivered by Citrix from your PC, nor are we saying that Remote Desktop by Delivered by Citrix is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Remote Desktop in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-08-21 15:49:42.000