You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall Remote Desktop for Windows. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall Remote Desktop from your PCDelivered by Citrix
. More information about Delivered by Citrix can be seen here
. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary being determined by the user's decision. You can uninstall Remote Desktop by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 4.58 MB (4797744 bytes) on disk and is titled SelfService.exe.
The following executables are incorporated in Remote Desktop. They take 5.12 MB (5369536
bytes) on disk.
- CleanUp.exe (308.30 KB)
- SelfService.exe (4.58 MB)
- SelfServicePlugin.exe (131.80 KB)
- SelfServiceUninstaller.exe (118.30 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0
of Remote Desktop.
If you are manually uninstalling Remote Desktop we recommend you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.The files below remain on your disk when you remove Remote Desktop:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Users\hmc\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Management Systemer\Remote Desktop.lnk
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ak-ce0fb7df@@Albertslund.Remote Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\EnterpriseCertificates\Remote Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Remote Desktop
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe.FriendlyAppName
Remote Desktop is a program marketed by the software company Delivered by Citrix. Some people choose to remove it. This can be troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some experience related to PCs. The best EASY way to remove Remote Desktop is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Remote Desktop from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Remote Desktop or simply activate the Search field and type in "Remote Desktop". If it exists on your system the Remote Desktop app will be found very quickly. When you select Remote Desktop in the list of programs, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Remote Desktop, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Remote Desktop.
8. After removing Remote Desktop, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Remote Desktop which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Remote Desktop using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Remote Desktop by Delivered by Citrix from your PC, nor are we saying that Remote Desktop by Delivered by Citrix is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Remote Desktop in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-08-21 15:49:42.000