Recuva is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your computer. It is written by A guide to uninstall Recuva from your computerPiriform
. Additional info about Piriform can be seen here
. Recuva is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\Recuva directory, depending on the user's decision. The entire uninstall command line for Recuva is C:\Program Files\Recuva\uninst.exe. Recuva.exe is the Recuva's main executable file and it takes around 1.30 MB (1363256 bytes) on disk.
Recuva installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 1.41 MB (1482304
bytes) on disk.
- Recuva.exe (1.30 MB)
- uninst.exe (116.26 KB)
This page is about Recuva version 1.39
only. You can find below info on other application versions of Recuva:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Recuva.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Recuva from your computer:Files remaining:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\Recuva\Lang\lang-1025.dll
- C:\Program Files\Recuva\Lang\lang-1026.dll
- C:\Program Files\Recuva\Lang\lang-1027.dll
- C:\Program Files\Recuva\Lang\lang-1028.dll
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
Recuva is an application marketed by Piriform. Some people want to remove it. Sometimes this can be troublesome because uninstalling this manually requires some skill regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK solution to remove Recuva is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove Recuva from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Recuva or simply click the Search field and type in "Recuva". If it exists on your system the Recuva app will be found very quickly. When you click Recuva in the list of applications, the following data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Recuva, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Recuva.
8. After uninstalling Recuva, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Recuva that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Recuva using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Recuva by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that Recuva by Piriform is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Recuva in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 23:42:49.210