This page contains complete information on how to remove Protected Folder for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Protected Folder from your PCIObit
. Go over here
where you can get more info on IObit. You can get more details on Protected Folder at http://www.IObit.com/
. The program is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full uninstall command line for Protected Folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\unins000.exe. The program's main executable file is called ProtectedFolder.exe and it has a size of 3.96 MB (4157216 bytes).
The following executable files are incorporated in Protected Folder. They take 6.06 MB (6351712
bytes) on disk.
- PfCheckService.exe (975.28 KB)
- ProtectedFolder.exe (3.96 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.14 MB)
You can find below info on other versions of Protected Folder:
When planning to uninstall Protected Folder you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Supplementary values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IObit\Protected Folder
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Protected Folder_is1
Protected Folder is an application by IObit. Frequently, computer users choose to uninstall this application. This is troublesome because uninstalling this by hand requires some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK solution to uninstall Protected Folder is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall Protected Folder with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Protected Folder or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Protected Folder". If it exists on your system the Protected Folder program will be found very quickly. After you select Protected Folder in the list , the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Protected Folder, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Protected Folder:
- The publisher is: http://www.IObit.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Protected Folder.
8. After removing Protected Folder, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Protected Folder that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Protected Folder using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Protected Folder by IObit from your computer, nor are we saying that Protected Folder by IObit is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Protected Folder supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 04:09:11.470