This page contains complete information on how to remove Protected Folder for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Protected Folder from your PCIObit
. Go over here
where you can get more info on IObit. You can get more details on Protected Folder at http://www.IObit.com/
. The program is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full uninstall command line for Protected Folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\unins000.exe. The program's main executable file is called ProtectedFolder.exe and it has a size of 3.96 MB (4157216 bytes).
The following executable files are incorporated in Protected Folder. They take 6.06 MB (6351712
bytes) on disk.
- PfCheckService.exe (975.28 KB)
- ProtectedFolder.exe (3.96 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.14 MB)
You can find below info on other versions of Protected Folder:
When planning to uninstall Protected Folder you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Protected Folder:
The files below remain on your disk by Protected Folder when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\PfCheckService.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\pffilter.sys
- C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\PfShellExtension.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\ProtectedFolder.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Protected Folder.lnk
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Protected Folder_is1
Protected Folder is an application offered by the software company IObit. Frequently, users try to uninstall this application. This can be hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE manner to uninstall Protected Folder is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Protected Folder from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Protected Folder or simply click the Search field and type in "Protected Folder". The Protected Folder app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select Protected Folder in the list of programs, some information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Protected Folder, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Protected Folder:
- The software company is: http://www.IObit.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Protected Folder\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Protected Folder.
8. After removing Protected Folder, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Protected Folder that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Protected Folder using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Protected Folder by IObit from your computer, nor are we saying that Protected Folder by IObit is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Protected Folder supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 04:09:11.470