This web page contains detailed information on how to remove Portal for Windows. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall Portal from your systemValve
. More information on Valve can be seen here
. Click on http://www.valvesoftware.com/
to get more information about Portal on Valve's website. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal directory. Take into account that this path can differ being determined by the user's choice. The full uninstall command line for Portal is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. bspzip.exe is the Portal's main executable file and it takes approximately 472.00 KB (483328 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed along with Portal. They occupy about 20.89 MB (21905832
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- hl2.exe (89.91 KB)
- bspzip.exe (472.00 KB)
- captioncompiler.exe (175.00 KB)
- demoinfo.exe (100.00 KB)
- dmxconvert.exe (607.00 KB)
- dmxedit.exe (1.69 MB)
- elementviewer.exe (3.17 MB)
- glview.exe (246.50 KB)
- hammer.exe (142.00 KB)
- height2normal.exe (725.50 KB)
- height2ssbump.exe (738.50 KB)
- hlfaceposer.exe (1.66 MB)
- hlmv.exe (513.50 KB)
- mksheet.exe (738.50 KB)
- motionmapper.exe (349.50 KB)
- normal2ssbump.exe (720.50 KB)
- pfm2tgas.exe (669.00 KB)
- qc_eyes.exe (2.62 MB)
- shadercompile.exe (77.50 KB)
- splitskybox.exe (131.00 KB)
- studiomdl.exe (1.88 MB)
- vbsp.exe (1.45 MB)
- vbspinfo.exe (470.50 KB)
- vpk.exe (695.00 KB)
- vrad.exe (78.00 KB)
- vtex.exe (68.50 KB)
- vtf2tga.exe (750.50 KB)
- vvis.exe (68.50 KB)
If you are manually uninstalling Portal we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Portal:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Portal:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Portal
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Portal\1033\PortalConnect.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Portal\PortalConnectCore.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\visualization.milkdrop2\resources\Milkdrop2\presets\Eo.S. + Phat - chasers 19 Portal.milk
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\visualization.milkdrop2\resources\Milkdrop2\presets\Hexcollie - Personal Mashup3 [Flexi's portal mix].milk
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NewBlue\Titler Pro for Windows\Resources\Library\Shapes\Circles\Disc-portal.nbshape
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal
Portal is a program marketed by Valve. Frequently, people try to erase this program. This is efortful because removing this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY approach to erase Portal is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove Portal from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to clean your computer.
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Portal or simply activate the Search field and type in "Portal". The Portal program will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Portal in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Portal, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Portal:
- The software company is: http://www.valvesoftware.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Portal.
8. After uninstalling Portal, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Portal that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Portal with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Portal by Valve from your PC, we are not saying that Portal by Valve is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Portal supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 23:17:06.237