This web page contains detailed information on how to remove Portal for Windows. The Windows version was created by Valve. More information on Valve can be seen here. Click on http://www.valvesoftware.com/ to get more information about Portal on Valve's website. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal directory. Take into account that this path can differ being determined by the user's choice. The full uninstall command line for Portal is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. bspzip.exe is the Portal's main executable file and it takes approximately 472.00 KB (483328 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed along with Portal. They occupy about 20.89 MB (21905832 bytes) on disk.
hl2.exe (89.91 KB)
bspzip.exe (472.00 KB)
captioncompiler.exe (175.00 KB)
demoinfo.exe (100.00 KB)
dmxconvert.exe (607.00 KB)
dmxedit.exe (1.69 MB)
elementviewer.exe (3.17 MB)
glview.exe (246.50 KB)
hammer.exe (142.00 KB)
height2normal.exe (725.50 KB)
height2ssbump.exe (738.50 KB)
hlfaceposer.exe (1.66 MB)
hlmv.exe (513.50 KB)
mksheet.exe (738.50 KB)
motionmapper.exe (349.50 KB)
normal2ssbump.exe (720.50 KB)
pfm2tgas.exe (669.00 KB)
qc_eyes.exe (2.62 MB)
shadercompile.exe (77.50 KB)
splitskybox.exe (131.00 KB)
studiomdl.exe (1.88 MB)
vbsp.exe (1.45 MB)
vbspinfo.exe (470.50 KB)
vpk.exe (695.00 KB)
vrad.exe (78.00 KB)
vtex.exe (68.50 KB)
vtf2tga.exe (750.50 KB)
vvis.exe (68.50 KB)
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Portal we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.
You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Portal:
A way to erase Portal from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Portal is a program marketed by Valve. Some people want to erase this program. This is troublesome because removing this by hand takes some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. The best EASY manner to erase Portal is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.
download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Portal or simply click the Search field and type in "Portal". The Portal app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Portal in the list , some information about the program is made available to you:
Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Portal, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
Technical information about the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Portal:
The web site of the application is: http://www.valvesoftware.com/
The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Portal.
8. After removing Portal, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Portal that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Portal using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Portal by Valve from your PC, we are not saying that Portal by Valve is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Portal in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.