This info is about Portal 2 for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by How to uninstall Portal 2 from your computerValve
. You can read more on Valve or check for application updates here
. Detailed information about Portal 2 can be found at http://www.thinkwithportals.com/
. Portal 2 is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal 2 directory, subject to the user's choice. You can remove Portal 2 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file is labeled portal2.exe and occupies 350.50 KB (358912 bytes).
Portal 2 installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 1.91 MB (2003696
bytes) on disk.
- portal2.exe (350.50 KB)
- vbsp.exe (1.42 MB)
- vrad.exe (83.08 KB)
- vvis.exe (72.08 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2
of Portal 2.
If you are manually uninstalling Portal 2 we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 620
Portal 2 is a program offered by the software company Valve. Frequently, people decide to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is efortful because deleting this by hand takes some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE practice to uninstall Portal 2 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Portal 2 from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Portal 2 or simply click the Search feature and type in "Portal 2". If it is installed on your PC the Portal 2 program will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Portal 2 in the list of apps, some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Portal 2, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Portal 2:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.thinkwithportals.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Portal 2.
8. After removing Portal 2, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Portal 2 that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Portal 2 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Portal 2 by Valve from your computer, nor are we saying that Portal 2 by Valve is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Portal 2 in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:54:15.460