This info is about Portal 2 for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall Portal 2 from your computerValve
. You can read more on Valve or check for application updates here
. Detailed information about Portal 2 can be found at http://www.thinkwithportals.com/
. Portal 2 is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal 2 directory, subject to the user's choice. You can remove Portal 2 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file is labeled portal2.exe and occupies 350.50 KB (358912 bytes).
Portal 2 installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 1.91 MB (2003696
bytes) on disk.
- portal2.exe (350.50 KB)
- vbsp.exe (1.42 MB)
- vrad.exe (83.08 KB)
- vvis.exe (72.08 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2
of Portal 2.
If you are manually uninstalling Portal 2 we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Portal 2:
Generally the following registry data will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_220.127.116.11_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\data\shaders\glsl\end_portal.fragment
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_18.104.22.168_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\data\shaders\glsl\end_portal.vertex
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_22.214.171.124_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\data\shaders\gnm\end_portal_p.pssl
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_126.96.36.199_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\data\shaders\gnm\end_portal_vv.pssl
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_188.8.131.52_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\data\shaders\hlsl\end_portal.fragment.hlsl
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_184.108.40.206_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\data\shaders\hlsl\end_portal.geometry.hlsl
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_220.127.116.11_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\data\shaders\hlsl\end_portal.vertex.hlsl
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2018.18051.17710.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Data\StreamingAssets\10162_scifi_portal
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam\Portal 2.url
Portal 2 is an application offered by Valve. Frequently, computer users try to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because removing this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE way to uninstall Portal 2 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Portal 2 from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Portal 2 or simply click the Search feature and type in "Portal 2". If it exists on your system the Portal 2 program will be found automatically. When you select Portal 2 in the list of programs, the following data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Portal 2, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Portal 2:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.thinkwithportals.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Portal 2.
8. After uninstalling Portal 2, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Portal 2 that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Portal 2 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Portal 2 by Valve from your PC, nor are we saying that Portal 2 by Valve is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Portal 2 supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:54:15.460