This web page contains detailed information on how to remove Poedit for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall Poedit from your computerVaclav Slavik
. You can find out more on Vaclav Slavik or check for application updates here
. More data about the program Poedit can be found at http://www.poedit.net/
. The program is often installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full uninstall command line for Poedit is C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\unins000.exe. The program's main executable file is titled poedit.exe and occupies 5.46 MB (5727576 bytes).
The executable files below are installed along with Poedit. They occupy about 6.91 MB (7243510
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- unins000.exe (1.12 MB)
- msgcat.exe (19.01 KB)
- msgfmt.exe (59.01 KB)
- msgmerge.exe (42.01 KB)
- msgunfmt.exe (26.51 KB)
- poedit.exe (5.46 MB)
- xgettext.exe (190.01 KB)
This data is about Poedit version 1.5.7
alone. Click on the links below for other Poedit versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Poedit from your PC:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit
Many times the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libasprintf-0.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libcharset-1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libdb48.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libgettextlib-0-18-1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libgettextpo-0.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libgettextsrc-0-18-1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libgomp-1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libiconv-2.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libintl-8.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\libstdc++-6.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\msgcat.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\msgfmt.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\msgmerge.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\msgunfmt.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\msvcm90.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\msvcp90.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\msvcr90.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\poedit.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\pthreadGC2.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\WinSparkle.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\bin\xgettext.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\share\poedit\icons\poedit-translation-generic.ico
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\unins000.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vaclav Slavik\Poedit
Poedit is a program by Vaclav Slavik. Sometimes, users want to erase this application. This is easier said than done because deleting this manually requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE solution to erase Poedit is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete Poedit from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Poedit or simply click the Search feature and type in "Poedit". If it is installed on your PC the Poedit app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Poedit in the list of apps, the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Poedit, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Poedit:
- The publisher is: http://www.poedit.net/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Poedit\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Poedit.
8. After uninstalling Poedit, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Poedit which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Poedit with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Poedit by Vaclav Slavik from your computer, nor are we saying that Poedit by Vaclav Slavik is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Poedit in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-28 01:26:25.950