This page is about Password Safe for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe directory. Keep in mind that this location can vary depending on the user's decision. pwsafe.exe is the programs's main file and it takes around 3.65 MB (3825152 bytes) on disk. How to uninstall Password Safe from your PC
Password Safe installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 3.71 MB (3895016
bytes) on disk.
- pwsafe.exe (3.65 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (68.23 KB)
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you uninstall Password Safe.Folders that were found:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove Password Safe:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\100\D__Tools_Password Safe_pwsafe_chm
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\100\D__Tools_Password Safe_pwsafe_exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Password Safe.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe\Password Safe Help.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe\Password Safe Uninstall.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe\Password Safe.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Password Safe.lnk
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Password Safe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Password Safe
Sometimes, users try to uninstall this program. This is hard because uninstalling this manually takes some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY manner to uninstall Password Safe is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove Password Safe from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows system.
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Password Safe or simply click the Search field and type in "Password Safe". The Password Safe application will be found automatically. After you click Password Safe in the list of applications, the following data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Password Safe, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Password Safe.
8. After uninstalling Password Safe, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Password Safe that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Password Safe using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130