This page is about Password Safe for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe directory. Keep in mind that this location can vary depending on the user's decision. pwsafe.exe is the programs's main file and it takes around 3.65 MB (3825152 bytes) on disk. A guide to uninstall Password Safe from your computer
Password Safe installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 3.71 MB (3895016
bytes) on disk.
- pwsafe.exe (3.65 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (68.23 KB)
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you uninstall Password Safe.Folders that were found:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove Password Safe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\ChangeLog.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\KPV1_to_PWS.xslt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\KPV2_to_PWS.xslt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\LICENSE
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pws_at.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pws_osk.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pwsafe.chm
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pwsafe.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pwsafe.xsd
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pwsafe.xsl
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pwsafe_filter.xsd
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\README.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\ReleaseNotes.html
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\ReleaseNotes.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\Uninstall.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe\Password Safe Help.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe\Password Safe Uninstall.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Password Safe\Password Safe.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Password Safe.lnk
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Password Safe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Password Safe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pwsafe.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Password Safe\pwsafe.exe.FriendlyAppName
Frequently, users choose to remove this program. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because doing this by hand takes some know-how related to PCs. The best QUICK solution to remove Password Safe is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Password Safe from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Password Safe or simply activate the Search field and type in "Password Safe". The Password Safe program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select Password Safe in the list of programs, some information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Password Safe, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Password Safe.
8. After removing Password Safe, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Password Safe that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Password Safe with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130