Origin is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Origin from your computerElectronic Arts, Inc.
. Further information on Electronic Arts, Inc. can be seen here
. You can see more info related to Origin at http://www.ea.com
. The program is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin directory (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to remove Origin. Origin.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 3.47 MB (3639280 bytes) on disk.
Origin installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 39.21 MB (41116288
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- EAProxyInstaller.exe (1.73 MB)
- GetGameToken32.exe (45.00 KB)
- GetGameToken64.exe (47.00 KB)
- igoproxy.exe (41.98 KB)
- igoproxy64.exe (44.49 KB)
- Origin.exe (3.47 MB)
- OriginClientService.exe (2.02 MB)
- OriginCrashReporter.exe (2.18 MB)
- OriginER.exe (10.27 MB)
- OriginUninstall.exe (1.06 MB)
- UpdateTool.exe (246.99 KB)
- vcredist_x64.exe (6.86 MB)
- vcredist_x86.exe (6.20 MB)
- EACoreServer.exe (94.37 KB)
- EAProxyInstaller.exe (1.55 MB)
- Login.exe (468.84 KB)
- MessageDlg.exe (393.36 KB)
- OriginLegacyCLI.exe (811.36 KB)
- OriginUninstall.exe (1.27 MB)
- PatchProgress.exe (460.37 KB)
The current web page applies to Origin version 126.96.36.19992
alone. For more Origin versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Quite a few files, folders and Windows registry entries will not be deleted when you want to remove Origin from your PC.Directories found on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Origin:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microcal\Origin 6.0 Professional
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinTools Software\WinTools.net Premium\Data\origin - 1398266929
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microcal Origin 6.0
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Origin
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microcal\Origin 6.0 Professional\3d.ogs
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microcal\Origin 6.0 Professional\3d.otp
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microcal\Origin 6.0 Professional\3dbars.otp
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microcal\Origin 6.0 Professional\Abfdll.gid
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microcal Software Inc.\Origin 6.0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Origin 6.0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Origin Games
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Origin 6.0\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Origin 6.0\UninstallString
Origin is an application by Electronic Arts, Inc.. Sometimes, people want to uninstall it. Sometimes this is easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some know-how regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE solution to uninstall Origin is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete Origin from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Origin or simply click the Search feature and type in "Origin". If it exists on your system the Origin program will be found automatically. After you select Origin in the list of programs, the following data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Origin, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Origin:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.ea.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\OriginUninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Origin.
8. After removing Origin, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Origin that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Origin with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Origin by Electronic Arts, Inc. is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Origin supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 07:31:20.943