This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall OpenAL for Windows. The program is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\OpenAL directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's preference. The application's main executable file is titled openalweax.exe and its approximative size is 748.00 KB (765952 bytes). How to uninstall OpenAL from your system
OpenAL installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 748.00 KB (765952
bytes) on disk.
- openalweax.exe (748.00 KB)
If you are manually uninstalling OpenAL we advise you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories left on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk by OpenAL's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL\oalinst.exe
Additional values that you should delete:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1415079809-4197675540-989763680-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL\oalinst.exe
Frequently, users want to remove this application. This can be troublesome because removing this manually takes some experience regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE way to remove OpenAL is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase OpenAL using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your system.
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find OpenAL or simply click the Search field and type in "OpenAL". If it exists on your system the OpenAL app will be found very quickly. After you click OpenAL in the list of apps, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding OpenAL, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove OpenAL.
8. After uninstalling OpenAL, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong OpenAL which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing OpenAL with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130