You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall Notepad++ for Windows. It is produced by A guide to uninstall Notepad++ from your PCNotepad++ Team
. More data about Notepad++ Team can be read here
. Detailed information about Notepad++ can be seen at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. The application is often located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ folder. Keep in mind that this path can differ being determined by the user's decision. You can remove Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for admin rights. notepad++.exe is the Notepad++'s main executable file and it occupies circa 1.66 MB (1744896 bytes) on disk.
Notepad++ is comprised of the following executables which occupy 2.46 MB (2580503
bytes) on disk:
- notepad++.exe (1.66 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.02 KB)
- gpup.exe (412.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 6.4.5
of Notepad++. Click on the links below for other Notepad++ versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Notepad++ we recommend you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Registry keys:
Notepad++ is an application offered by the software company Notepad++ Team. Some users try to erase it. This can be efortful because removing this manually requires some skill regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY manner to erase Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Notepad++ from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Notepad++ or simply click the Search feature and type in "Notepad++". If it is installed on your PC the Notepad++ program will be found very quickly. When you select Notepad++ in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Notepad++, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Notepad++:
- The web site of the program is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Notepad++ which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your PC, nor are we saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Notepad++ supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 15:52:42.120