You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove Notepad++ for Windows. It is produced by A guide to uninstall Notepad++ from your computerNotepad++ Team
. You can read more on Notepad++ Team or check for application updates here
. You can read more about on Notepad++ at http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++ directory. Take into account that this location can differ depending on the user's preference. Notepad++'s full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 1.65 MB (1728512 bytes) on disk and is titled notepad++.exe.
Notepad++ installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 2.45 MB (2564118
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (1.65 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.02 KB)
- gpup.exe (412.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
This data is about Notepad++ version 6.4.1
alone. For other Notepad++ versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Quite a few files, folders and registry data can not be removed when you want to remove Notepad++ from your computer.Folders left behind when you uninstall Notepad++:
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
- C:\Program Files\Notepad++\themes\Obsidian.xml
Notepad++ is an application by Notepad++ Team. Some users decide to erase it. Sometimes this can be troublesome because deleting this by hand takes some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE way to erase Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove Notepad++ from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Notepad++ or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Notepad++". If it is installed on your PC the Notepad++ application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Notepad++ in the list of apps, the following data about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The software company is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Notepad++ which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your computer, nor are we saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Notepad++ supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-22 15:46:05.250