This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Notepad++ for Windows. The Windows release was created by A way to uninstall Notepad++ from your systemNotepad++ Team
. You can find out more on Notepad++ Team or check for application updates here
. Please follow http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
if you want to read more on Notepad++ on Notepad++ Team's website. The application is often installed in the C:\Program Files\Notepad++ folder. Keep in mind that this path can differ being determined by the user's preference. You can uninstall Notepad++ by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Notepad++\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. Notepad++'s primary file takes about 2.37 MB (2485248 bytes) and its name is notepad++.exe.
Notepad++ contains of the executables below. They occupy 3.17 MB (3320957
bytes) on disk.
- notepad++.exe (2.37 MB)
- uninstall.exe (272.12 KB)
- gpup.exe (412.00 KB)
- GUP.exe (132.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 6.7.1
of Notepad++. You can find below info on other versions of Notepad++:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Notepad++ we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Notepad++:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Notepad++'s application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\NppShell_06.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\themes\Obsidian.xml
Notepad++ is a program released by Notepad++ Team. Sometimes, computer users try to uninstall it. Sometimes this is easier said than done because removing this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK procedure to uninstall Notepad++ is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase Notepad++ from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Notepad++ or simply activate the Search field and type in "Notepad++". If it is installed on your PC the Notepad++ application will be found automatically. After you click Notepad++ in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Notepad++, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Notepad++:
- The software company is: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Notepad++\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Notepad++.
8. After uninstalling Notepad++, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Notepad++ which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Notepad++ with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team from your PC, nor are we saying that Notepad++ by Notepad++ Team is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Notepad++ in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 07:28:01.150