Microsoft Security Essentials
Microsoft Security Essentials is a computer program. This page holds details on how to remove it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from your PCMicrosoft Corporation
. Take a look here
for more information on Microsoft Corporation. More details about the application Microsoft Security Essentials can be seen at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=154511&mkt=en-us
. Microsoft Security Essentials is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials folder, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the program. The full uninstall command line for Microsoft Security Essentials is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\setup.exe /x. Microsoft Security Essentials's main file takes around 1.04 MB (1094224 bytes) and its name is msseces.exe.
The following executable files are incorporated in Microsoft Security Essentials. They occupy 3.94 MB (4127760
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- MpCmdRun.exe (198.55 KB)
- MsMpEng.exe (17.48 KB)
- msseces.exe (1.04 MB)
- msseoobe.exe (629.00 KB)
- setup.exe (722.56 KB)
- Update.exe (672.28 KB)
The current web page applies to Microsoft Security Essentials version 1.0.2498.0
alone. For other Microsoft Security Essentials versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.Folders that were found:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\Backup\en-us\SetupRes.dll.mui
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\Backup\mp_ambits.msi
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\Backup\msse.msi
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\Backup\setup.exe
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\Backup\setup.ini
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\Backup\SetupRes.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Essentials
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\
Microsoft Security Essentials is an application offered by Microsoft Corporation. Frequently, computer users choose to uninstall this application. This is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand requires some experience related to PCs. The best SIMPLE procedure to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Microsoft Security Essentials or simply activate the Search field and type in "Microsoft Security Essentials". The Microsoft Security Essentials program will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Microsoft Security Essentials in the list of applications, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Microsoft Security Essentials, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Microsoft Security Essentials:
- The web site of the application is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=154511&mkt=en-us
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\setup.exe /x
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
8. After removing Microsoft Security Essentials, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Microsoft Security Essentials which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Microsoft Security Essentials using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation from your PC, nor are we saying that Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Microsoft Security Essentials supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-05 00:53:12.910