Microsoft Security Essentials
Microsoft Security Essentials is a computer program. This page contains details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from your PCMicrosoft Corporation
. More information on Microsoft Corporation can be found here
. More data about the application Microsoft Security Essentials can be seen at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195291&mkt=en-us
. Microsoft Security Essentials is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client directory, depending on the user's decision. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials. The program's main executable file is titled setup.exe and occupies 1,014.50 KB (1038848 bytes).
The following executables are installed together with Microsoft Security Essentials. They take about 4.42 MB (4639584
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- MpCmdRun.exe (343.77 KB)
- MsMpEng.exe (23.25 KB)
- msseces.exe (1.21 MB)
- msseoobe.exe (553.82 KB)
- NisSrv.exe (339.72 KB)
- setup.exe (1,014.50 KB)
The current web page applies to Microsoft Security Essentials version 126.96.36.199
only. You can find below info on other versions of Microsoft Security Essentials:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
Additional registry values that are not removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Client
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\
Microsoft Security Essentials is an application marketed by Microsoft Corporation. Some users try to remove this program. This is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best EASY procedure to remove Microsoft Security Essentials is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Microsoft Security Essentials or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Microsoft Security Essentials". If it is installed on your PC the Microsoft Security Essentials app will be found very quickly. After you select Microsoft Security Essentials in the list , some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Microsoft Security Essentials, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Microsoft Security Essentials:
- The publisher is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195291&mkt=en-us
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
8. After uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Microsoft Security Essentials which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation from your computer, nor are we saying that Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Microsoft Security Essentials supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 09:37:27.640