Microsoft Security Essentials
This web page contains detailed information on how to remove Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials from your PCMicrosoft Corporation
. More data about Microsoft Corporation can be found here
. Further information about Microsoft Security Essentials can be seen at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195291&mkt=sv-se
. Microsoft Security Essentials is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client folder, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's option while installing the program. You can remove Microsoft Security Essentials by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. msseces.exe is the Microsoft Security Essentials's primary executable file and it occupies close to 951.59 KB (974432 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are incorporated in Microsoft Security Essentials. They occupy 3.08 MB (3234672
bytes) on disk.
- MpCmdRun.exe (299.60 KB)
- MsMpEng.exe (21.67 KB)
- msseces.exe (951.59 KB)
- NisSrv.exe (281.37 KB)
- setup.exe (802.31 KB)
This page is about Microsoft Security Essentials version 4.6.305.0
alone. Click on the links below for other Microsoft Security Essentials versions:
...click to view all...
Microsoft Security Essentials has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Client
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Security Client\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Drivers\
Microsoft Security Essentials is a program offered by the software company Microsoft Corporation. Some users try to erase it. This is difficult because removing this by hand requires some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE approach to erase Microsoft Security Essentials is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove Microsoft Security Essentials from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Microsoft Security Essentials or simply activate the Search field and type in "Microsoft Security Essentials". The Microsoft Security Essentials app will be found automatically. When you click Microsoft Security Essentials in the list of applications, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Microsoft Security Essentials, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Microsoft Security Essentials:
- The publisher is: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=195291&mkt=sv-se
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Setup.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Microsoft Security Essentials.
8. After removing Microsoft Security Essentials, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Microsoft Security Essentials that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation from your computer, we are not saying that Microsoft Security Essentials by Microsoft Corporation is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Microsoft Security Essentials in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 11:47:08.483