This web page is about McAfee Updater for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by A way to uninstall McAfee Updater from your systemNasrSoft
. Additional info about NasrSoft can be found here
. More information about the software McAfee Updater can be seen at http://www.NasrSoft.com
. McAfee Updater is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0 directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the program. The entire uninstall command line for McAfee Updater is C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file occupies 569.00 KB (582656 bytes) on disk and is named McAfeeUpdater.exe.
McAfee Updater is comprised of the following executables which occupy 2.44 MB (2557296
bytes) on disk:
- McAfeeUpdater.exe (569.00 KB)
- uninstall.exe (1.32 MB)
- MVTInstaller.exe (572.36 KB)
The current page applies to McAfee Updater version 4.2.0
only. You can find below info on other releases of McAfee Updater:
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Folders left behind when you uninstall McAfee Updater:
Generally, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\ChangeUAC\ChangeUAC.bat
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\ChangeUAC\ChangeUAC.reg
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\Ionic.Zip.dll
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\lua5.1.dll
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\McAfee.cfg
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\McAfeeUpdater.cfg
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\McAfeeUpdater.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\MVT\MVTInstaller.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\MySql.Data.dll
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\uninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\Uninstall\IRIMG1.JPG
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\Uninstall\IRIMG2.JPG
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\Uninstall\uninstall.dat
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\Uninstall\uninstall.xml
- C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\Uninstall\Wow64.lmd
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\McAfee Updater Setup Log.txt
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\McAfee Updater Uninstall Log.txt
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\McAfee Updater4.2.0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NasrSoft\McAfee Updater
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\McAfeeUpdater.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\McAfeeUpdater.exe.FriendlyAppName
McAfee Updater is a program released by NasrSoft. Sometimes, computer users try to remove it. Sometimes this can be difficult because uninstalling this by hand requires some skill related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK procedure to remove McAfee Updater is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove McAfee Updater from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find McAfee Updater or simply click the Search field and type in "McAfee Updater". If it exists on your system the McAfee Updater app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select McAfee Updater in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding McAfee Updater, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for McAfee Updater:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.NasrSoft.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\McAfee Updater v4.2.0\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall McAfee Updater.
8. After removing McAfee Updater, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong McAfee Updater that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling McAfee Updater with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a recommendation to remove McAfee Updater by NasrSoft from your computer, we are not saying that McAfee Updater by NasrSoft is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove McAfee Updater supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-03-03 08:29:29.307