McAfee Total Protection
This page contains thorough information on how to uninstall McAfee Total Protection for Windows. It is written by A guide to uninstall McAfee Total Protection from your PCMcAfee, Inc.
. More data about McAfee, Inc. can be seen here
. The application is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\McAfee directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove McAfee Total Protection by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. McAfee Total Protection's main file takes about 72.26 KB (73992 bytes) and is named firesvc.exe.
McAfee Total Protection installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 16.61 MB (17416984
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- firesvc.exe (72.26 KB)
- McPvTray.exe (572.16 KB)
- SvcDrv.exe (211.58 KB)
- MpfAlert.exe (605.33 KB)
- McAlert.exe (307.12 KB)
- QcCons32.exe (228.65 KB)
- QcConsol.exe (262.38 KB)
- QcShm.exe (970.98 KB)
- ShrCL.exe (98.90 KB)
- CompatibilityTester.exe (549.86 KB)
- McAPExe.exe (547.00 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (965.46 KB)
- McInstru.exe (340.33 KB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (1.04 MB)
- mcsync.exe (1.71 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (913.16 KB)
- mispreg.exe (694.37 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (423.80 KB)
- mskxagnt.exe (223.10 KB)
- mcods.exe (587.76 KB)
- mcodsscan.exe (485.63 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (194.41 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (452.44 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (365.95 KB)
- McVulAdmAgnt.exe (697.39 KB)
- McVulAlert.exe (620.92 KB)
- McVulCon.exe (660.68 KB)
- McVulCtr.exe (1.42 MB)
- McVulUsrAgnt.exe (696.39 KB)
The current page applies to McAfee Total Protection version 13.6.1012
only. For other McAfee Total Protection versions please click below:
...click to view all...
McAfee Total Protection is a program released by the software company McAfee, Inc.. Frequently, people choose to remove it. Sometimes this is difficult because doing this by hand requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE practice to remove McAfee Total Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall McAfee Total Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find McAfee Total Protection or simply activate the Search feature and type in "McAfee Total Protection". If it is installed on your PC the McAfee Total Protection app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click McAfee Total Protection in the list of apps, the following information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding McAfee Total Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove McAfee Total Protection.
8. After removing McAfee Total Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong McAfee Total Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing McAfee Total Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall McAfee Total Protection by McAfee, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that McAfee Total Protection by McAfee, Inc. is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall McAfee Total Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-02-09 07:13:30.327