This page contains complete information on how to uninstall McAfee SiteAdvisor for Windows. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall McAfee SiteAdvisor from your PCMcAfee, Inc.
. More data about McAfee, Inc. can be found here
. More information about the app McAfee SiteAdvisor can be seen at http://www.siteadvisor.com
. McAfee SiteAdvisor is usually set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor directory, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the application. The full command line for removing McAfee SiteAdvisor is C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\Uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file has a size of 616.40 KB (631192 bytes) on disk and is called uninstall.exe.
The following executable files are contained in McAfee SiteAdvisor. They occupy 4.44 MB (4651144
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ActUtil.exe (568.62 KB)
- McChHost.exe (380.04 KB)
- mcsacore.exe (151.23 KB)
- mfeasins_x64.exe (589.36 KB)
- saOemMgr.exe (85.83 KB)
- saUI.exe (1.15 MB)
- saUpd.exe (967.96 KB)
- uninstall.exe (616.40 KB)
This web page is about McAfee SiteAdvisor version 3.7.197
only. You can find below a few links to other McAfee SiteAdvisor releases:
...click to view all...
McAfee SiteAdvisor has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall McAfee SiteAdvisor:
The files below remain on your disk by McAfee SiteAdvisor when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\ProgramData\McAfee\SiteAdvisor
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\ActUtil.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\blist.dat
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\cblist.dat
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\chr.inf
Supplementary values that are not removed:
McAfee SiteAdvisor is an application by McAfee, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to erase this program. This can be easier said than done because removing this by hand requires some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY manner to erase McAfee SiteAdvisor is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall McAfee SiteAdvisor from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate McAfee SiteAdvisor or simply activate the Search field and type in "McAfee SiteAdvisor". The McAfee SiteAdvisor app will be found automatically. After you select McAfee SiteAdvisor in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding McAfee SiteAdvisor, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for McAfee SiteAdvisor:
- The software company is: http://www.siteadvisor.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove McAfee SiteAdvisor.
8. After uninstalling McAfee SiteAdvisor, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong McAfee SiteAdvisor that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling McAfee SiteAdvisor using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall McAfee SiteAdvisor by McAfee, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that McAfee SiteAdvisor by McAfee, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall McAfee SiteAdvisor supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-03-06 10:38:57.570