McAfee SecurityCenter is a Windows program. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. It is produced by How to uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter from your systemMcAfee, Inc.
. Take a look here
where you can find out more on McAfee, Inc.. McAfee SecurityCenter is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\McAfee directory, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the application. The entire uninstall command line for McAfee SecurityCenter is C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. The application's main executable file has a size of 539.57 KB (552520 bytes) on disk and is titled MpfAlert.exe.
McAfee SecurityCenter installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 11.62 MB (12186104
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- MpfAlert.exe (539.57 KB)
- McAlert.exe (241.60 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (855.90 KB)
- McInstru.exe (299.38 KB)
- mcoemmgr.exe (1.10 MB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (1,005.31 KB)
- mcsync.exe (1.41 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (869.45 KB)
- mcuninst.exe (1.08 MB)
- mcupdmgr.exe (1.39 MB)
- mispreg.exe (631.59 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (452.77 KB)
- mskxagnt.exe (134.45 KB)
- McSmtFwk.exe (200.34 KB)
- McInsUpd.exe (309.23 KB)
- mcods.exe (490.27 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (189.51 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (372.11 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (202.10 KB)
The current web page applies to McAfee SecurityCenter version 11.0.678
alone. You can find here a few links to other McAfee SecurityCenter versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Folders left behind when you uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter:Usually, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\instLD.inf
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\McMPFPPv.dll
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\mpf.dat
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
McAfee SecurityCenter is an application offered by McAfee, Inc.. Sometimes, people try to erase it. This is easier said than done because removing this manually requires some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE procedure to erase McAfee SecurityCenter is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove McAfee SecurityCenter from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate McAfee SecurityCenter or simply activate the Search field and type in "McAfee SecurityCenter". The McAfee SecurityCenter application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select McAfee SecurityCenter in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding McAfee SecurityCenter, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter.
8. After removing McAfee SecurityCenter, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of McAfee SecurityCenter which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing McAfee SecurityCenter with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove McAfee SecurityCenter by McAfee, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that McAfee SecurityCenter by McAfee, Inc. is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove McAfee SecurityCenter supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-13 09:19:11.480