McAfee Security Center
McAfee Security Center is a Windows program. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall McAfee Security Center from your PCMcAfee, Inc.
. Check out here
for more information on McAfee, Inc.. Usually the McAfee Security Center program is to be found in the C:\Program Files\McAfee directory, depending on the user's option during install. The entire uninstall command line for McAfee Security Center is C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. MpfAlert.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 521.66 KB (534184 bytes) on disk.
McAfee Security Center installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 10.95 MB (11480072
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- MpfAlert.exe (521.66 KB)
- langsel.exe (1.18 MB)
- mcinfo.exe (812.35 KB)
- mcoemmgr.exe (1.07 MB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (637.32 KB)
- mcsync.exe (1.30 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (861.61 KB)
- mcuninst.exe (1.08 MB)
- mcupdmgr.exe (1.28 MB)
- mispreg.exe (630.77 KB)
- McSmtFwk.exe (196.27 KB)
- McInsUpd.exe (294.80 KB)
- mcods.exe (497.48 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (188.20 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (309.90 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (209.34 KB)
This page is about McAfee Security Center version 10.0.570
only. You can find below a few links to other McAfee Security Center versions:
...click to view all...
McAfee Security Center has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders found on disk after you uninstall McAfee Security Center from your computer:The files below remain on your disk by McAfee Security Center when you uninstall it:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\mpf\1028\instLD.inf
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\mpf\1028\mpfHelp.inf
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\mpf\1028\Readme.htm
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\mpf\1028\subst.inf
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
McAfee Security Center is a program marketed by the software company McAfee, Inc.. Some users want to remove this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand takes some skill regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK way to remove McAfee Security Center is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall McAfee Security Center from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find McAfee Security Center or simply click the Search field and type in "McAfee Security Center". If it is installed on your PC the McAfee Security Center app will be found automatically. After you select McAfee Security Center in the list of programs, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about McAfee Security Center, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove McAfee Security Center.
8. After removing McAfee Security Center, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong McAfee Security Center that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing McAfee Security Center using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall McAfee Security Center by McAfee, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that McAfee Security Center by McAfee, Inc. is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall McAfee Security Center in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-08-11 04:59:49.093