McAfee Internet Security
You can find below details on how to uninstall McAfee Internet Security for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall McAfee Internet Security from your PCMcAfee, Inc.
. Additional info about McAfee, Inc. can be read here
. The program is often installed in the C:\Program Files\McAfee folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall McAfee Internet Security by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is titled firesvc.exe and its approximative size is 72.26 KB (73992 bytes).
The following executables are installed alongside McAfee Internet Security. They occupy about 13.48 MB (14130224
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- firesvc.exe (72.26 KB)
- MpfAlert.exe (605.33 KB)
- McAlert.exe (307.12 KB)
- QcCons32.exe (228.65 KB)
- QcConsol.exe (262.38 KB)
- QcShm.exe (970.98 KB)
- ShrCL.exe (98.90 KB)
- CompatibilityTester.exe (549.86 KB)
- McAPExe.exe (734.60 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (955.39 KB)
- McInstru.exe (340.33 KB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (1.04 MB)
- mcsync.exe (1.72 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (918.16 KB)
- mcuninst.exe (1.08 MB)
- mispreg.exe (696.89 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (423.80 KB)
- mskxagnt.exe (223.10 KB)
- McSmtFwk.exe (124.66 KB)
- McInsUpd.exe (262.96 KB)
- mcods.exe (587.76 KB)
- mcodsscan.exe (485.63 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (194.41 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (452.94 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (365.95 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 13.6.1248
of McAfee Internet Security. For other McAfee Internet Security versions please click below:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall McAfee Internet Security you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:Files remaining:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\instLD.inf
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\L10N.dll
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\mpf.dat
Supplementary values that are not cleaned:
McAfee Internet Security is an application marketed by McAfee, Inc.. Sometimes, users choose to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because removing this manually requires some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY manner to uninstall McAfee Internet Security is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove McAfee Internet Security from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find McAfee Internet Security or simply activate the Search field and type in "McAfee Internet Security". If it is installed on your PC the McAfee Internet Security application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click McAfee Internet Security in the list , the following information about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about McAfee Internet Security, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove McAfee Internet Security.
8. After removing McAfee Internet Security, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of McAfee Internet Security which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling McAfee Internet Security using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove McAfee Internet Security by McAfee, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that McAfee Internet Security by McAfee, Inc. is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove McAfee Internet Security in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-18 01:44:45.017