McAfee AntiVirus is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall McAfee AntiVirus from your PCMcAfee, Inc.
. Additional info about McAfee, Inc. can be found here
. The program is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\McAfee folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove McAfee AntiVirus by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. MvtApp.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 1.62 MB (1699696 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are contained in McAfee AntiVirus. They occupy 19.90 MB (20870704
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- CompatibilityTester.exe (549.86 KB)
- McAPExe.exe (142.16 KB)
- mchlp32.exe (608.85 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (837.69 KB)
- McInstru.exe (288.00 KB)
- mcmigrator.exe (427.32 KB)
- mcshell.exe (527.91 KB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (898.56 KB)
- mcsync.exe (1.45 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (829.64 KB)
- mcupdmgr.exe (1.28 MB)
- mispreg.exe (632.97 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (350.88 KB)
- mcinst.exe (808.06 KB)
- McPartnerSAInstallManager.exe (317.64 KB)
- mfeasins_x64.exe (589.36 KB)
- mfeasins_x86.exe (487.75 KB)
- saInst.exe (666.68 KB)
- MvtApp.exe (1.62 MB)
- MVTInstaller.exe (944.86 KB)
- mcods.exe (461.01 KB)
- mcodsscan.exe (384.04 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (168.27 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (359.42 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (297.02 KB)
- McVulAdmAgnt.exe (645.09 KB)
- McVulAlert.exe (597.31 KB)
- McVulCon.exe (624.48 KB)
- McVulCtr.exe (1.19 MB)
- McVulUnpk.exe (616.43 KB)
- McVulUsrAgnt.exe (644.59 KB)
This info is about McAfee AntiVirus version 12.8.992
only. You can find below a few links to other McAfee AntiVirus versions:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you remove McAfee AntiVirus.Directories that were left behind:Files remaining:
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\1033\instLD.inf
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\1033\msclcres.inf
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\1033\mscpstLD.inf
- C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\CompatibilityTester.exe
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
McAfee AntiVirus is an application offered by McAfee, Inc.. Some users decide to erase this program. This is efortful because performing this manually requires some experience related to PCs. The best QUICK procedure to erase McAfee AntiVirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove McAfee AntiVirus from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find McAfee AntiVirus or simply activate the Search field and type in "McAfee AntiVirus". The McAfee AntiVirus program will be found very quickly. After you click McAfee AntiVirus in the list of applications, some data regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding McAfee AntiVirus, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall McAfee AntiVirus.
8. After removing McAfee AntiVirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong McAfee AntiVirus which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling McAfee AntiVirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove McAfee AntiVirus by McAfee, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that McAfee AntiVirus by McAfee, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove McAfee AntiVirus in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-30 05:16:01.083