McAfee AntiVirus Plus
This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus from your computerMcAfee, Inc.
. More information on McAfee, Inc. can be found here
. McAfee AntiVirus Plus is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\McAfee directory, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the program. The full command line for removing McAfee AntiVirus Plus is C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuihost.exe /body:misp://MSCJsRes.dll::uninstall.html /id:uninstall. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is titled firesvc.exe and its approximative size is 67.21 KB (68824 bytes).
The following executables are installed beside McAfee AntiVirus Plus. They occupy about 15.76 MB (16522480
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- firesvc.exe (67.21 KB)
- MpfAlert.exe (481.13 KB)
- QcConsol.exe (228.65 KB)
- QcShm.exe (840.73 KB)
- ShrCL.exe (94.38 KB)
- CompatibilityTester.exe (549.86 KB)
- EarlyActivation.exe (78.37 KB)
- McActInst.exe (126.60 KB)
- McAPExe.exe (516.81 KB)
- McAWFwk.exe (279.02 KB)
- mchlp32.exe (608.85 KB)
- mcinfo.exe (836.69 KB)
- McInstru.exe (286.48 KB)
- mcshell.exe (528.41 KB)
- mcshell_sapphire.exe (1.43 MB)
- mcsvrcnt.exe (896.04 KB)
- mcsync.exe (1.46 MB)
- mcuihost.exe (831.14 KB)
- mispreg.exe (629.47 KB)
- mcocrollback.exe (351.38 KB)
- mcinst.exe (808.06 KB)
- McPartnerSAInstallManager.exe (218.58 KB)
- mfeasins_x64.exe (589.36 KB)
- mfeasins_x86.exe (487.75 KB)
- saInst.exe (673.73 KB)
- McSmtFwk.exe (108.07 KB)
- McCertUpd.exe (269.93 KB)
- McInsUpd.exe (134.71 KB)
- mcods.exe (460.51 KB)
- mcodsscan.exe (382.04 KB)
- McVsMap.exe (164.77 KB)
- McVsShld.exe (358.92 KB)
- MVsInst.exe (293.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 13.6.1492
of McAfee AntiVirus Plus. Click on the links below for other McAfee AntiVirus Plus versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling McAfee AntiVirus Plus we recommend you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus from your computer:Files remaining:
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\Gkp\content.bin
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\Gkp\firesvc.exe
- C:\Program Files\mcafee\Gkp\Gkp.dll
Additional values that are not removed:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\mcafee\msc\mcuihost.exe
McAfee AntiVirus Plus is an application released by the software company McAfee, Inc.. Frequently, people try to uninstall it. This can be difficult because performing this manually takes some experience related to PCs. One of the best EASY procedure to uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate McAfee AntiVirus Plus or simply click the Search feature and type in "McAfee AntiVirus Plus". If it is installed on your PC the McAfee AntiVirus Plus program will be found automatically. When you click McAfee AntiVirus Plus in the list , the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about McAfee AntiVirus Plus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall McAfee AntiVirus Plus.
8. After uninstalling McAfee AntiVirus Plus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of McAfee AntiVirus Plus that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing McAfee AntiVirus Plus using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove McAfee AntiVirus Plus by McAfee, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that McAfee AntiVirus Plus by McAfee, Inc. is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove McAfee AntiVirus Plus in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2017-01-05 15:12:00.260