This web page contains complete information on how to remove MEGAsync for Windows. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall MEGAsync from your PCMega Limited
. Go over here
where you can get more info on Mega Limited. Click on http://www.mega.nz
to get more information about MEGAsync on Mega Limited's website. MEGAsync is typically installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MEGAsync folder, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the program. The entire uninstall command line for MEGAsync is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MEGAsync\uninst.exe. MEGAsync.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 4.86 MB (5096912 bytes) on disk.
MEGAsync is comprised of the following executables which take 5.21 MB (5458392
bytes) on disk:
- MEGAsync.exe (4.86 MB)
- uninst.exe (353.01 KB)
For other MEGAsync versions please click below:
MEGAsync has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall MEGAsync:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall MEGAsync:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Mega Limited\MEGAsync
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Mega Limited\MEGAsync\megaclient_statecache11_transfers_Vmt3ZW54UGU3dTSK00_k9TcbG3zMv_ey5ke6.db
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Mega Limited\MEGAsync\megaclient_statecache11_Vmt3ZW54UGU3dTSK00_k9TcbG3zMv_ey5ke6.db
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Mega Limited\MEGAsync\MEGAsync.cfg
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Mega Limited\MEGAsync\megasync.lock
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Mega Limited\MEGAsync\megasync.show
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Mega Limited\MEGAsync\megasync.version
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\MEGAsync.lnk
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\ProgramData\MEGAsync\MEGAsync.exe
MEGAsync is an application marketed by the software company Mega Limited. Sometimes, users choose to uninstall it. Sometimes this is easier said than done because deleting this manually requires some skill regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK approach to uninstall MEGAsync is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete MEGAsync from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find MEGAsync or simply click the Search field and type in "MEGAsync". If it exists on your system the MEGAsync app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select MEGAsync in the list of applications, some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding MEGAsync, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for MEGAsync:
- The publisher is: http://www.mega.nz
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\MEGAsync\uninst.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove MEGAsync.
8. After removing MEGAsync, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of MEGAsync that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing MEGAsync using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove MEGAsync by Mega Limited from your PC, nor are we saying that MEGAsync by Mega Limited is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove MEGAsync in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:50:03.333