This page is about Google Chrome for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Google Chrome from your computerGoogle Inc.
. More information about Google Inc. can be found here
. The program is usually installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for removing Google Chrome is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.725.0\Installer\setup.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. chrome.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 987.55 KB (1011256 bytes) on disk.
Google Chrome installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 3.76 MB (3938584
bytes) on disk.
- chrome.exe (987.55 KB)
- chrome_frame_helper.exe (87.05 KB)
- chrome_launcher.exe (90.05 KB)
- nacl64.exe (1.40 MB)
- setup.exe (1.22 MB)
The current web page applies to Google Chrome version 12.0.725.0
only. You can find below info on other versions of Google Chrome:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall Google Chrome you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Google Chrome:
The files below remain on your disk by Google Chrome when you uninstall it:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Google Chrome
Usually the following registry data will not be cleaned:
Additional registry values that you should delete:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet\Google Chrome
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Google Chrome
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe.ApplicationCompany
Google Chrome is an application by Google Inc.. Some users choose to uninstall this program. This is troublesome because performing this manually takes some experience related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE practice to uninstall Google Chrome is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete Google Chrome from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Google Chrome or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Google Chrome". If it exists on your system the Google Chrome program will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Google Chrome in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Google Chrome, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Google Chrome.
8. After removing Google Chrome, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Google Chrome which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Google Chrome with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Google Chrome by Google Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Google Chrome by Google Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Google Chrome supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-10 17:34:39.803