Genie Backup Assistant
You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall Genie Backup Assistant for Windows. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall Genie Backup Assistant from your PCLaCie
. You can find out more on LaCie or check for application updates here
. You can see more info related to Genie Backup Assistant at http://www.LaCie.com
. The program is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant folder. Keep in mind that this location can vary depending on the user's preference. The full uninstall command line for Genie Backup Assistant is C:\Program Files\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant\unins000.exe. The program's main executable file occupies 2.18 MB (2282112 bytes) on disk and is named GBM8.exe.
Genie Backup Assistant is comprised of the following executables which take 9.21 MB (9652647
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- GBM8.exe (2.18 MB)
- GBM8_DR.exe (732.63 KB)
- GBM8_SwiftExtractor.exe (332.63 KB)
- GBM8_SwiftRestore.exe (652.63 KB)
- GBMAgent.exe (184.63 KB)
- GBMImporter.exe (104.63 KB)
- GBM_6_Swift.exe (1.22 MB)
- GCrash.exe (104.63 KB)
- GeniePluginCreator.exe (180.63 KB)
- GSUpdateManager.exe (300.63 KB)
- unins000.exe (713.83 KB)
- vcredist_x86.exe (2.58 MB)
The current page applies to Genie Backup Assistant version 8.0.364.534
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of Genie Backup Assistant:
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you uninstall Genie Backup Assistant.Directories that were left behind:
Usually, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant Tools
Usually the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant\Agentg.xml.genc
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant\Agentic.xico
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant\autoex.xml
- C:\Program Files (x86)\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant\CGSDB.dll
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Genie Backup Assistant\GBM8.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant\GBM8.exe
Genie Backup Assistant is an application by the software company LaCie. Frequently, people try to remove this program. This is efortful because performing this by hand takes some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY action to remove Genie Backup Assistant is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Genie Backup Assistant from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Genie Backup Assistant or simply click the Search field and type in "Genie Backup Assistant". If it is installed on your PC the Genie Backup Assistant program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Genie Backup Assistant in the list of programs, the following data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Genie Backup Assistant, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Genie Backup Assistant:
- The publisher is: http://www.LaCie.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\LaCie\Genie Backup Assistant\unins000.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Genie Backup Assistant.
8. After removing Genie Backup Assistant, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Genie Backup Assistant which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Genie Backup Assistant using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Genie Backup Assistant by LaCie from your PC, we are not saying that Genie Backup Assistant by LaCie is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Genie Backup Assistant in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 03:48:24.220