File Type Assistant
File Type Assistant is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. You can see more info about File Type Assistant at A guide to uninstall File Type Assistant from your systemhttp://file.org/app.html
. File Type Assistant is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\File Type Assistant folder, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's option while installing the application. The full command line for removing File Type Assistant is "C:\Program Files\File Type Assistant\unins001.exe". Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for administrator rights.
The following executables are installed together with File Type Assistant. They take about 6.80 MB (7126960
bytes) on disk.
- ftacfg.exe (1.30 MB)
- TSASetup.exe (1.44 MB)
- tsassist.exe (2.70 MB)
- unins001.exe (691.72 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2014.5.21.0
of File Type Assistant.
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall File Type Assistant.Directories left on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk by File Type Assistant when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\ftacfg.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\itdownload.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\TSASetup.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\tsassist.exe
Additional values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trusted Software Assistant_is1
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\tsassist.exe
Frequently, computer users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this can be hard because performing this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY action to remove File Type Assistant is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall File Type Assistant with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find File Type Assistant or simply click the Search feature and type in "File Type Assistant". If it exists on your system the File Type Assistant program will be found automatically. Notice that when you click File Type Assistant in the list , some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding File Type Assistant, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for File Type Assistant:
- The web site of the application is: http://file.org/app.html
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files\File Type Assistant\unins001.exe"
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall File Type Assistant.
8. After removing File Type Assistant, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of File Type Assistant which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing File Type Assistant using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130