Far Cry is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall Far Cry from your computerCrytek Studios
. You can read more on Crytek Studios or check for application updates here
. Click on http://www.farcrygame.com/
to get more details about Far Cry on Crytek Studios's website. The application is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FarCry directory. Take into account that this location can differ depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing Far Cry is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for administrator rights. testapp.exe is the Far Cry's main executable file and it takes about 38.50 KB (39424 bytes) on disk.
Far Cry is composed of the following executables which take 10.71 MB (11230191
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- cgc.exe (784.06 KB)
- CgfDump.exe (108.00 KB)
- Editor.exe (4.02 MB)
- testapp.exe (38.50 KB)
- FarCryConfigurator.exe (408.00 KB)
- FarCry_WinSV.exe (28.00 KB)
- fxc.exe (956.00 KB)
- LuaCompiler.exe (84.00 KB)
- rc.exe (112.00 KB)
- TestAppConfigurator.exe (408.00 KB)
- regsetup.exe (381.00 KB)
- register.exe (788.00 KB)
- schedule.exe (28.00 KB)
- xmlinst.exe (25.48 KB)
- vcredist_x86.exe (2.60 MB)
Far Cry has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Far Cry:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam\Far Cry 2.url
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam\Far Cry.url
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 13520
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\far cry 2
Far Cry is a program marketed by the software company Crytek Studios. Frequently, computer users try to erase this program. This can be difficult because deleting this manually takes some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK practice to erase Far Cry is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Far Cry with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Far Cry or simply activate the Search field and type in "Far Cry". If it is installed on your PC the Far Cry program will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Far Cry in the list of programs, the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Far Cry, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Far Cry:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.farcrygame.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Far Cry.
8. After removing Far Cry, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Far Cry that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Far Cry with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Far Cry by Crytek Studios from your PC, nor are we saying that Far Cry by Crytek Studios is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Far Cry supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 18:00:31.370