This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. It is produced by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. Further information on Dropbox, Inc. can be found here
. You can get more details on Dropbox at http://www.dropbox.com
. The program is frequently located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Dropbox. Dropbox.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 33.84 MB (35487064 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed along with Dropbox. They take about 34.31 MB (35974520
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (33.84 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (220.02 KB)
This data is about Dropbox version 2.10.41
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Dropbox we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories that were left behind:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Dropbox's application uninstaller when you removed it:
Generally the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox.png
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox-2x.png
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
Dropbox is a program released by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Some computer users try to remove this program. This can be efortful because performing this by hand takes some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY way to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox application will be found very quickly. After you click Dropbox in the list , some data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 15:48:05.803