This web page is about Dropbox for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. Go over here
for more details on Dropbox, Inc.. Please open http://www.dropbox.com
if you want to read more on Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s page. Usually the Dropbox program is to be found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Dropbox's main file takes about 34.73 MB (36414752 bytes) and is called Dropbox.exe.
The following executables are installed along with Dropbox. They occupy about 35.19 MB (36902136
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (34.73 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.95 KB)
The current web page applies to Dropbox version 2.10.28
alone. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Dropbox we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Dropbox from your computer:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_www.dropbox.com_0.localstorage
Dropbox is a program by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, people choose to uninstall this program. This is efortful because removing this by hand takes some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE approach to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox program will be found automatically. After you click Dropbox in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-22 14:11:09.427