This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. Further information on Dropbox, Inc. can be found here
. Please open http://www.dropbox.com
if you want to read more on Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s web page. Dropbox is frequently set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, regulated by the user's choice. Dropbox's entire uninstall command line is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Dropbox's primary file takes about 37.39 MB (39206760 bytes) and is named Dropbox.exe.
Dropbox installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 37.86 MB (39694120
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (37.39 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.92 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.4
of Dropbox. You can find below a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
Some files, folders and Windows registry entries will not be uninstalled when you want to remove Dropbox from your PC.Directories found on disk:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Dropbox when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\DropboxProxy.exe
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\msvcm90.dll
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\msvcp90.dll
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\msvcr90.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
Dropbox is a program marketed by Dropbox, Inc.. Some people try to remove it. This can be hard because performing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE solution to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Dropbox with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox program will be found very quickly. When you select Dropbox in the list of apps, some information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 19:57:06.817