Dropbox is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. It is written by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. More info about Dropbox, Inc. can be read here
. Please open http://www.dropbox.com
if you want to read more on Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s web page. Usually the Dropbox application is installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder, depending on the user's option during setup. The entire uninstall command line for Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Dropbox's main file takes around 27.18 MB (28499304 bytes) and is called Dropbox.exe.
Dropbox is comprised of the following executables which take 28.27 MB (29647800
bytes) on disk:
- Dropbox.exe (27.18 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (224.07 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (897.51 KB)
The current web page applies to Dropbox version 2.0.8
alone. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall Dropbox you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Dropbox's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
Registry that is not removed:
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
Dropbox is an application released by Dropbox, Inc.. Some people try to uninstall it. This can be hard because doing this by hand takes some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE manner to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Dropbox from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox program will be found automatically. After you select Dropbox in the list of apps, the following information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Dropbox in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-16 11:28:37.527