This page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Driver Booster for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Driver Booster from your computerIObit
. Further information on IObit can be seen here
. The application is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Driver Booster by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\unins001.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. SkipUacExec.exe is the Driver Booster's main executable file and it occupies around 197.81 KB (202560 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of Driver Booster. They take an average of 21.15 MB (22181440
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- AUpdate.exe (60.31 KB)
- AutoUpdate.exe (1,020.31 KB)
- DriverBooster.exe (3.62 MB)
- Driver_Booster_FreeSoftwareDownloader.exe (2.16 MB)
- FixPlugin.exe (126.81 KB)
- MakeSFX.exe (223.81 KB)
- Promote.exe (1.74 MB)
- Scheduler.exe (53.81 KB)
- SetupHlp.exe (997.31 KB)
- SkipUacExec.exe (197.81 KB)
- SkipUacTask.exe (188.31 KB)
- unins000.exe (1.13 MB)
- unins001.exe (1.14 MB)
- UpdateDB.exe (782.31 KB)
- dpinst.exe (1,022.31 KB)
- dpinst.exe (899.81 KB)
- DpInstX32.exe (496.31 KB)
- DpInstX64.exe (750.31 KB)
- DrvInstall.exe (388.31 KB)
This page is about Driver Booster version 1.4
only. You can find below info on other releases of Driver Booster:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you uninstall Driver Booster.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Driver Booster:
Usually, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster
Generally the following registry keys will not be removed:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Config.ini
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\20170707.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\20170711.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Down\20170707-41491765.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Install\DbzInst.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Install\DpinstX.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Installed\Installed.ini
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Installed\Installed.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Main\20170707.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Main\20170708.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Scan\20170707.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Scan\20170708.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Driver Booster\Logs\Scheduler\Scheduler.log
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Driver Booster.lnk
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IObit\Driver Booster
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Driver Booster_is1
Driver Booster is a program released by the software company IObit. Frequently, people try to remove this application. This is troublesome because doing this manually requires some skill related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK approach to remove Driver Booster is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete Driver Booster from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Driver Booster or simply click the Search field and type in "Driver Booster". If it exists on your system the Driver Booster app will be found very quickly. After you select Driver Booster in the list of applications, some data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Driver Booster, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Driver Booster.
8. After uninstalling Driver Booster, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Driver Booster which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Driver Booster using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Driver Booster by IObit from your PC, nor are we saying that Driver Booster by IObit is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove Driver Booster supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 13:27:52.837