You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove DolbyGUI for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A way to uninstall DolbyGUI from your systemConexant Systems
. You can read more on Conexant Systems or check for application updates here
. Usually the DolbyGUI program is to be found in the C:\Program Files\Conexant\DolbyGUI folder, depending on the user's option during install. The full command line for removing DolbyGUI is C:\Program Files\Conexant\DolbyGUI\SETUP64.EXE -U -IDolbyGUI. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Setup64.exe is the DolbyGUI's primary executable file and it takes approximately 4.08 MB (4274392 bytes) on disk.
DolbyGUI is comprised of the following executables which take 4.08 MB (4274392
bytes) on disk:
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall DolbyGUI from your computer:
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\DolbyGUI
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\DolbyGUI\Setup64.exe
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\dolbygui.cab
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI\dax2_api_release_x64.msi
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI\dax2_api_release_x86.msi
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI\dax2_app_release_x64.msi
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI\dax2_app_release_x86.msi
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI\DolbyGUI.ini
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI\Setup.exe
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\DolbyGUI\x64\Setup64.exe
- C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Install\Audio\inst_4_dolbygui.ini
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\C:/Program Files/Conexant/Install/Audio/dolbygui.cab
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\C:/Program Files/Conexant/Install/Audio/inst_4_dolbygui.ini
DolbyGUI is a program offered by the software company Conexant Systems. Frequently, computer users decide to erase this application. Sometimes this is difficult because doing this manually requires some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK way to erase DolbyGUI is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove DolbyGUI with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your PC.
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find DolbyGUI or simply activate the Search field and type in "DolbyGUI". If it exists on your system the DolbyGUI app will be found automatically. After you click DolbyGUI in the list of programs, the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding DolbyGUI, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove DolbyGUI.
8. After removing DolbyGUI, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong DolbyGUI which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling DolbyGUI using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall DolbyGUI by Conexant Systems from your computer, we are not saying that DolbyGUI by Conexant Systems is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall DolbyGUI supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-22 13:06:49.200