DivX is a computer program. This page holds details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall DivX from your systemDivXNetworks, Inc.
. You can find out more on DivXNetworks, Inc. or check for application updates here
. DivX is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\DivX directory, depending on the user's option. You can uninstall DivX by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXCodecUninstall.exe /CODEC. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is called DivXCodecUninstall.exe and occupies 58.01 KB (59405 bytes).
The executables below are part of DivX. They occupy about 1.88 MB (1969018
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- DivXCodecUninstall.exe (58.01 KB)
- bgregister.exe (108.00 KB)
- config.exe (72.00 KB)
- DivXControlPanelLauncher.exe (365.88 KB)
- dplreg.exe (16.28 KB)
- OVSHelperBroker.exe (14.83 KB)
- DivXUpdate.exe (1.20 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.2.1
of DivX. You can find below info on other application versions of DivX:
When you're planning to uninstall DivX you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Generally the following registry keys will not be removed:
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.17022.10311.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.ZuneVideo\Capabilities\FileAssociations\.divx
DivX is an application released by the software company DivXNetworks, Inc.. Frequently, users try to remove this program. This can be troublesome because removing this manually takes some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK solution to remove DivX is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase DivX with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find DivX or simply activate the Search field and type in "DivX". If it is installed on your PC the DivX application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click DivX in the list of apps, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about DivX, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove DivX.
8. After removing DivX, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of DivX which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling DivX with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall DivX by DivXNetworks, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that DivX by DivXNetworks, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall DivX supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 10:52:17.830