DivX is a computer program. This page holds details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall DivX from your PCDivXNetworks, Inc.
. You can find out more on DivXNetworks, Inc. or check for application updates here
. DivX is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\DivX directory, depending on the user's option. You can uninstall DivX by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\DivX\DivXCodecUninstall.exe /CODEC. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is called DivXCodecUninstall.exe and occupies 58.01 KB (59405 bytes).
The executables below are part of DivX. They occupy about 1.88 MB (1969018
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- DivXCodecUninstall.exe (58.01 KB)
- bgregister.exe (108.00 KB)
- config.exe (72.00 KB)
- DivXControlPanelLauncher.exe (365.88 KB)
- dplreg.exe (16.28 KB)
- OVSHelperBroker.exe (14.83 KB)
- DivXUpdate.exe (1.20 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.2.1
of DivX. You can find below info on other application versions of DivX:
When you're planning to uninstall DivX you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.The files below are left behind on your disk by DivX's application uninstaller when you removed it:
Many times the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Profiles\DivX Profile 1 Handheld.ipf
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Profiles\DivX Profile 2 Portable.ipf
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Profiles\DivX Profile 3 Home Theater.ipf
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Corel DVD MovieFactory 7\Profiles\DivX Profile 4 High Definition.ipf
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WonderFox Soft\HD Video Converter Factory Pro\Format\divx.png
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_1.0.927.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.ZuneVideo\Capabilities\FileAssociations\.divx
DivX is a program marketed by the software company DivXNetworks, Inc.. Frequently, people choose to remove it. This can be easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand requires some advanced knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to remove DivX is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall DivX from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate DivX or simply activate the Search field and type in "DivX". If it is installed on your PC the DivX program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select DivX in the list of applications, some data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding DivX, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove DivX.
8. After uninstalling DivX, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of DivX that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling DivX with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove DivX by DivXNetworks, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that DivX by DivXNetworks, Inc. is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove DivX in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 10:52:17.830