This page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Defraggler for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Defraggler from your computerPiriform
. You can read more on Piriform or check for application updates here
. The application is often located in the C:\Program Files\Defraggler directory (same installation drive as Windows). The entire uninstall command line for Defraggler is C:\Program Files\Defraggler\uninst.exe. Defraggler64.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 3.99 MB (4180248 bytes) on disk.
Defraggler is comprised of the following executables which occupy 9.65 MB (10119384
bytes) on disk:
- Defraggler.exe (3.17 MB)
- Defraggler64.exe (3.99 MB)
- df.exe (1.05 MB)
- df64.exe (1.28 MB)
- uninst.exe (168.12 KB)
The current page applies to Defraggler version 2.15
only. You can find below info on other versions of Defraggler:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Some of these are shown below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Defraggler from your computer:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Defraggler:
- C:\Program Files\Defraggler
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Defraggler
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Defraggler\Defraggler.exe
- C:\Program Files\Defraggler\DefragglerShell.dll
- C:\Program Files\Defraggler\df.exe
- C:\Program Files\Defraggler\Lang\lang-1025.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Defraggler\df.exe
Defraggler is an application by Piriform. Frequently, computer users choose to erase this application. Sometimes this is hard because doing this by hand requires some skill regarding Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE practice to erase Defraggler is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase Defraggler with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Defraggler or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Defraggler". If it is installed on your PC the Defraggler app will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Defraggler in the list of applications, the following information about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Defraggler, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Defraggler.
8. After uninstalling Defraggler, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Defraggler that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Defraggler using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Defraggler by Piriform from your PC, nor are we saying that Defraggler by Piriform is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Defraggler in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 04:50:15.063