This page is about Counter-Strike: Source for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall Counter-Strike: Source from your computerValve
. More information on Valve can be seen here
. Click on http://www.valvesoftware.com/
to get more facts about Counter-Strike: Source on Valve's website. The application is often placed in the C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source folder. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's preference. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe is the full command line if you want to remove Counter-Strike: Source. Steam.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 2.78 MB (2917456 bytes) on disk.
Counter-Strike: Source is comprised of the following executables which take 18.76 MB (19675616
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- GameOverlayUI.exe (374.08 KB)
- Steam.exe (2.78 MB)
- steamerrorreporter.exe (499.58 KB)
- steamerrorreporter64.exe (554.08 KB)
- streaming_client.exe (2.31 MB)
- uninstall.exe (202.70 KB)
- WriteMiniDump.exe (277.79 KB)
- html5app_steam.exe (1.79 MB)
- steamservice.exe (1.45 MB)
- steamwebhelper.exe (1.97 MB)
- wow_helper.exe (65.50 KB)
- x64launcher.exe (383.58 KB)
- x86launcher.exe (373.58 KB)
- appid_10540.exe (189.24 KB)
- appid_10560.exe (189.24 KB)
- appid_17300.exe (233.24 KB)
- appid_17330.exe (489.24 KB)
- appid_17340.exe (221.24 KB)
- appid_6520.exe (2.26 MB)
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you uninstall Counter-Strike: Source.Registry that is not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 240
Counter-Strike: Source is an application by the software company Valve. Frequently, computer users decide to remove this application. Sometimes this can be difficult because deleting this manually takes some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to remove Counter-Strike: Source is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Counter-Strike: Source from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows PC.
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Counter-Strike: Source or simply activate the Search field and type in "Counter-Strike: Source". The Counter-Strike: Source program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Counter-Strike: Source in the list , some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Counter-Strike: Source, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Counter-Strike: Source:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.valvesoftware.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Counter-Strike: Source.
8. After uninstalling Counter-Strike: Source, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Counter-Strike: Source that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Counter-Strike: Source with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Counter-Strike: Source by Valve from your computer, nor are we saying that Counter-Strike: Source by Valve is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Counter-Strike: Source in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 22:39:52.777