You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall Counter-Strike for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Counter-Strike from your PCValve
. More information on Valve can be found here
. Click on http://www.valvesoftware.com/
to get more information about Counter-Strike on Valve's website. Usually the Counter-Strike program is to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life folder, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling Counter-Strike is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 99.50 KB (101888 bytes) on disk and is named hl.exe.
The executable files below are part of Counter-Strike. They occupy an average of 746.42 KB (764336
bytes) on disk.
- hl.exe (99.50 KB)
- hlds.exe (395.41 KB)
- hltv.exe (251.51 KB)
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Counter-Strike.Registry that is not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 10
Counter-Strike is an application offered by the software company Valve. Sometimes, users decide to uninstall this program. Sometimes this is difficult because deleting this by hand takes some know-how related to PCs. One of the best QUICK manner to uninstall Counter-Strike is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove Counter-Strike from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows computer.
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Counter-Strike or simply click the Search field and type in "Counter-Strike". If it is installed on your PC the Counter-Strike app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Counter-Strike in the list of applications, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Counter-Strike, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Counter-Strike:
- The publisher is: http://www.valvesoftware.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Counter-Strike.
8. After uninstalling Counter-Strike, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Counter-Strike which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Counter-Strike using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Counter-Strike by Valve from your computer, we are not saying that Counter-Strike by Valve is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Counter-Strike in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 03:14:37.783