You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall Counter-Strike for Windows. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall Counter-Strike from your systemValve
. More information on Valve can be found here
. Click on http://www.valvesoftware.com/
to get more information about Counter-Strike on Valve's website. Usually the Counter-Strike program is to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life folder, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling Counter-Strike is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 99.50 KB (101888 bytes) on disk and is named hl.exe.
The executable files below are part of Counter-Strike. They occupy an average of 746.42 KB (764336
bytes) on disk.
- hl.exe (99.50 KB)
- hlds.exe (395.41 KB)
- hltv.exe (251.51 KB)
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Counter-Strike.Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Counter-Strike:
Registry that is not cleaned:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam\Counter-Strike.url
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 10
Counter-Strike is an application released by the software company Valve. Sometimes, users want to erase this application. This is difficult because deleting this by hand requires some advanced knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY practice to erase Counter-Strike is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Counter-Strike from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your system.
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Counter-Strike or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Counter-Strike". The Counter-Strike app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Counter-Strike in the list of applications, the following information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Counter-Strike, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Counter-Strike:
- The software company is: http://www.valvesoftware.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Counter-Strike.
8. After uninstalling Counter-Strike, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Counter-Strike which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Counter-Strike with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Counter-Strike by Valve from your PC, nor are we saying that Counter-Strike by Valve is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Counter-Strike in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 03:14:37.783