You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall Cities XL for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Cities XL from your PCMonte Cristo Games
. More data about Monte Cristo Games can be found here
. You can get more details on Cities XL at http://www.citiesxl.com
. Cities XL is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cities XL folder, depending on the user's decision. C:\Program Files (x86)\Cities XL\uninst.exe is the full command line if you want to remove Cities XL. Cities XL's primary file takes about 2.28 MB (2395840 bytes) and is named CitiesXL.exe.
The executable files below are installed beside Cities XL. They take about 49.69 MB (52105888
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- CitiesXL.exe (2.28 MB)
- CitiesXL_Game.exe (21.71 MB)
- dotnetfx.exe (22.42 MB)
- uninst.exe (154.66 KB)
- vcredist_x86.exe (2.62 MB)
- DXSETUP.exe (516.01 KB)
The current page applies to Cities XL version 1.0.0
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are listed below.Directories left on disk:
The files below remain on your disk by Cities XL's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Monte Cristo\Cities XL
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Monte Cristo\Cities XL
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Monte Cristo\Cities XL\Benchmark.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Monte Cristo\Cities XL\binkw32.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Monte Cristo\Cities XL\boost_signals-vc80-mt-p-1_33_1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Monte Cristo\Cities XL\CitiesXL.exe
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cities XL
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Monte Cristo\Cities XL
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cities XL\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cities XL\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cities XL\UninstallString
Cities XL is an application marketed by Monte Cristo Games. Some people choose to uninstall it. This is difficult because performing this by hand requires some skill related to PCs. One of the best QUICK practice to uninstall Cities XL is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove Cities XL from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Cities XL or simply click the Search feature and type in "Cities XL". If it exists on your system the Cities XL app will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Cities XL in the list , some information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Cities XL, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Cities XL:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.citiesxl.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cities XL\uninst.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Cities XL.
8. After uninstalling Cities XL, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Cities XL which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Cities XL using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Cities XL by Monte Cristo Games from your PC, we are not saying that Cities XL by Monte Cristo Games is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Cities XL in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-17 15:51:12.890