This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Carbonite for Windows. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall Carbonite from your computerCarbonite
. Further information on Carbonite can be seen here
. More information about the software Carbonite can be seen at www.carbonite.com
. The program is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup folder. Take into account that this path can differ depending on the user's decision. You can uninstall Carbonite by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteSetup.exe /remove. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file has a size of 1.01 MB (1056976 bytes) on disk and is called CarboniteUI.exe.
The executables below are part of Carbonite. They take about 15.26 MB (16003184
bytes) on disk.
- CarboniteService.exe (4.82 MB)
- CarboniteSetup.exe (9.43 MB)
- CarboniteUI.exe (1.01 MB)
The current web page applies to Carbonite version 5.5.54151272014
only. You can find below a few links to other Carbonite versions:
...click to view all...
Numerous files, folders and Windows registry entries can be left behind when you remove Carbonite from your computer.Folders left behind when you uninstall Carbonite:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Carbonite's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup
- C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteNSE.dll
- C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteService.exe
- C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteSetup.exe
- C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteSetup.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
Carbonite is a program released by the software company Carbonite. Frequently, people decide to remove this application. Sometimes this can be troublesome because performing this manually takes some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK solution to remove Carbonite is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Carbonite from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Carbonite or simply click the Search field and type in "Carbonite". If it is installed on your PC the Carbonite program will be found very quickly. After you click Carbonite in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Carbonite, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Carbonite:
- The software company is: www.carbonite.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteSetup.exe /remove
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Carbonite.
8. After removing Carbonite, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Carbonite which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Carbonite with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Carbonite by Carbonite from your PC, nor are we saying that Carbonite by Carbonite is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Carbonite in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-26 00:54:20.190