You can find on this page details on how to uninstall CCleaner for Windows. It is produced by How to uninstall CCleaner from your systemPiriform
. More information on Piriform can be found here
. The program is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall CCleaner by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\CCleaner\uninst.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is named CCleaner.exe and occupies 1.62 MB (1699128 bytes).
The following executables are installed alongside CCleaner. They occupy about 1.74 MB (1825400
bytes) on disk.
- CCleaner.exe (1.62 MB)
- uninst.exe (123.31 KB)
This data is about CCleaner version 2.33
alone. You can find here a few links to other CCleaner releases:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Directories found on disk:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CCleaner
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\lang-1025.dll
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\lang-1026.dll
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner\Lang\lang-1027.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
CCleaner is a program by the software company Piriform. Some users want to remove this application. This is hard because deleting this manually requires some experience regarding PCs. One of the best SIMPLE practice to remove CCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase CCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find CCleaner or simply click the Search feature and type in "CCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the CCleaner app will be found automatically. Notice that after you click CCleaner in the list of applications, some information about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about CCleaner, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove CCleaner.
8. After uninstalling CCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of CCleaner which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling CCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall CCleaner by Piriform from your PC, we are not saying that CCleaner by Piriform is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall CCleaner supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 20:28:30.610