This info is about Borderlands 2 for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Borderlands 2 from your computerGearbox Software
. You can find out more on Gearbox Software or check for application updates here
. Please open http://www.borderlands2.com/
if you want to read more on Borderlands 2 on Gearbox Software's web page. The application is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2 directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling Borderlands 2 is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Borderlands2.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 34.42 MB (36093208 bytes) on disk.
Borderlands 2 installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 93.62 MB (98165952
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe (41.01 MB)
- vcredist_2005_atl_x86.exe (2.62 MB)
- vcredist_2005_x86.exe (2.56 MB)
- vcredist_x86.exe (1.74 MB)
- vcredist_x86_vs2010sp1.exe (4.76 MB)
- amdcpusetup.exe (2.83 MB)
- DXSETUP.exe (505.84 KB)
- PVRTexTool.exe (1.14 MB)
- mcpp.exe (202.27 KB)
- Borderlands2.exe (34.42 MB)
- Launcher.exe (111.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2
of Borderlands 2. You can find below a few links to other Borderlands 2 versions:
If you are manually uninstalling Borderlands 2 we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove Borderlands 2:
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 49520
Borderlands 2 is an application marketed by Gearbox Software. Sometimes, users decide to remove this program. This is troublesome because removing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best EASY practice to remove Borderlands 2 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Borderlands 2 from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Borderlands 2 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Borderlands 2". If it exists on your system the Borderlands 2 app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Borderlands 2 in the list , some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Borderlands 2, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Borderlands 2:
- The publisher is: http://www.borderlands2.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Borderlands 2.
8. After uninstalling Borderlands 2, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Borderlands 2 which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Borderlands 2 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Borderlands 2 by Gearbox Software from your computer, we are not saying that Borderlands 2 by Gearbox Software is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Borderlands 2 supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 02:53:08.397